5.10.13

"Late-night TV"

"...
By what back road did he travel
to this late-night station?
By what imperceptible set of circumstances
does he arrive in my bedroom on a summer night,
pinching a shirt collar between his fingers,
his own invention locked in a blue box,
a rainbow slashed across it?
...
We know nothing of how it all works,
how we end up in one bed or another,
speak one language instead of the others,
what heat draws us to our life's work
or keeps us from a dream until it's nothing
but a blister we scratch in our sleep.

...
I have the power to make him disappear
with one touch, though if I do the darkness
will swallow me, drown me.

..."

Dorianne Laux, Late-Night TV in The Book of Men, ed. W.W. Norton & Company, 2011

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Não prometo responder a todos os comentários, mas prometo que fico grato por todos.